Monday, March 18, 2013

What is my Archetype?

How many years have you been attempting and failed to figure out who the heck you really are?  Although we adapt and change throughout of life, we have  basic 'Archetypes' that define our true nature.

So what is an Archetype you ask? Great question.  An archetype is the key to your personal power. Best selling author Caroline Myss, has done it again with her latest book  "Archetypes, who are you?". It is a perfect introduction into the world of discovering the 'real you'. As Caroline so beautifully stated: "Archetypes are are the psychic lenses through which we view ourselves and the world around us." I have discussed in my past blogs about the masks that we so carefully wear everyday, and this book allows you to reveal your 3 basic archetypes, and the role they play in your daily life. What I have discovered, is that when you live from a place of authenticity, the stress of believing that we must portray ourselves to be someone other than who we really are, begins to vanish. Your inner power can now reveal itself, not from a place of ego, but from an strength that has been waiting to emerge.

Did you realize that you have been reading archetypes your whole life, but it was probably disguised as labeling or judging someone? One issue that keeps reappearing over and over with my clients, is how they are 'wiped out' after talking to someone, be it a friend, family member, or at work.
 I have taught my clients to be aware of the 'Energy Vampire' archetype around them. These individuals will
suck the energy right out of you, if you aren't careful. The Vampires always feels so much better after
they have extracted every ounce of energy they can, with their invisible but powerful fangs. You, on the other hand, are barely able to function after the encounter. One of my main archetypes is Caregiver, so energy vampires are drawn to me like a dog to a bone. Awareness and protection is the key.

Before my knowledge of archetypes, I  would notice that after a conversation with a vampire ( AKA someone in need of advice) I would feel like I had been sucker punched. What just happened? I went into Starbucks feeling great and full of energy, and came out like a zombie. No amount of caffeine could help me at that point, except maybe an I.V. directly inserted in my arm! If I had understood about archetypes back then, I can guarantee my health would have been much better. My cells were tuning in to my energy, and they were drained. How could they possibly do their job, when I was battering them with barrage of negativity that I had taken on from others.

Years ago, I learned about Archetypes from a colleague and good friend Meryl Martin.
Meryl is an Intuitive Medical Counselor and a graduate of the Institute of Scientific Medical Intuition, taught by Caroline Myss and Dr. Norm Shealy. M.D.

From that point on, I became more aware of reading the different archetypes in not only clients, but in my own family as well. Understanding archetypes will influence your interactions with others, your love life, your financial spending habits, as well as the patterns that keep repeating themselves.

I am a BIG believer that knowledge is power. After recognizing your basic archetypal patterns, you can take back the reigns of your life and control the direction you want to go, instead of allowing others to lead you.

I will be giving a seminar on Archetypes and dating in the near future, and blogging about the skits that the participants will be performing. This should be FUN.

In the meantime, check out your archetype for free at: www.archetypeme.com and let me know what three main ones show up for you.

As always, until next time...

Linda McCarthy Ph.D
www.newdirectioncoaching.com






No comments:

Post a Comment