Dis-ease In Your Body~
Do you know that less than 10% of all cancers in our body are hereditary. The other 90% are environmental,
meaning that it is caused by what you eat, drink, and think! When our bodies are not feed properly, and by that I mean feeding it physically, emotionally, and spiritually, it begins to form an inflammatory response. Inflammation is a necessary response if you have a cut and your body begins the healing process, however, chronic inflammation in our body causes a weakened immune system. When our immune system is weakened, dis-ease shows up in the body.
The easiest way reduce inflammation is by changing your diet by eating more organic greens, fruits, and vegetables, as well as unprocessed food. If it has a shelf life, it is not good for your body because it has preservatives keeping it fresh. I'm not taking about going vegan or vegetarian, unless of course you choose to, but to implement these foods into your diet replacing foods that are harmful. The" Toxic 10" are fruits and vegetables with the highest amount of pesticide which include: Apples, strawberries, celery, peaches, spinach, nectarines, grapes, sweet bell peppers, potatoes, blueberries, lettuce, kale/collard greens. These should always be organic if possible. If not, purchase a fruit/vegetable wash, soaking them to remove as much residue as you can.
The next step is taking time out for meditation/yoga, exercise for your mind and body. We are built to move, not to go from our car to our desk, back to our car, and our couch. If this is your lifestyle, all those calories you are ingesting have no where to go, except to your waist and hips. We have an obesity epidemic in our country, and illness is a component of obesity in the form of high blood pressure, diabetes ,heart disease, high cholesterol, joint issues and pain, etc. Begin by simply walking. I find that for my clients the most difficult part of walking is getting their shoes on and heading out the door! Once they are out in the fresh air, their mood begins to shift, they feel better, and when you take care of your body, your body will take care of you. It is designed to live in a state of health, not dis-ease. Exercise boost your immune system, you lose weight, your sleep improves, and your overall health improves.
Pay attention to all the negative thoughts that you are having. We spend about 70% of our thoughts focusing on all the negativity in our life. Toxic emotions cause inflammation in our bodies as well. I like to write in my gratitude journal. At night, I jot down all the things that I am grateful for that day instead of focusing on all the negativity.
Last but not least, spiritually feeding our bodies. That is the final piece to the puzzle, but one that is just as important. We are spiritual beings encased in a human body. When I speak of spiritual, I am not talking about religion, I mean finding a connection to a divine source, whatever that may be. This could be incorporated into your meditation practice if you so choose, but if meditation is not your cup of tea, then just sitting quietly, freeing your mind of anything for a few minutes and just listening. I like to say ' prayer is talking to God and and meditation is listening'. Don't be discouraged when thoughts come into your mind, just allow them to come, and return back to listening. Do this for 5 minutes and incorporate deep, healing breaths into your practice, your cells with thank you.
When we begin to live in a state of heath, and away from dis-ease, our bodies will respond quickly. You will feel better physically, emotionally and spiritually. For more information on keeping your body healthy, check out our #1 best selling book: "The Wellness Code", at www.newdirectioncoaching.com.
To your good health~